June

June

Friday, July 9, 2010

I am Back and had Such a Lovely Time!

Hello! I have arrived home and feel refreshed and relaxed after a most awesome time on the Oregon Coast. I tell you, with the stresses one has in this life, all one needs is to get away, see something not only different but also familiar, sit back in a big ole leather chair, sip on a cold drink and read a wonderful book, while sitting on the edge of the world. I am going to let the following pictures tell the story of my most wonderful time with my love and the sea. Kit


First nights sunset! A very welcome, welcome!


Ahhh, to return to the sea.


Shopping. With the best view in the world.



More shopping!

Good food and a great place.
A crab, bacon and avocado treat!

Did someone say CRABS??


Let's do some sightseeing. Cape Mears.

Oregon Coast Aquarium.



Yaquina Bay, Newport, Oregon.



Learn something new. Glass Blowing.





I made this float.

Beachcombing for Agates and Seaglass. My hubby can keep track of me on the huge expanse of beach, in my yellow shoes....LOL


Beverly Beach. Our favorite place


Told the hubby to go and fly a kite.....LOL


Windy and a bit cold, but I don't care.



Gorgeous!



Visit the locals and take in a 4th of July parade down home style.



We have an Elvis sighting. And the genie from Aladin from the looks of it. :)


Ahhh, back "home" to write in my journal and just relax.



He's puzzling.


Our view. Saw 2 whales and 4 sea lions right off the rocks.



A good read is a must.

Very Happy Campers! Thanks for visiting, hope you enjoyed the trip. Kit


10 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Hello Kit... wow, I love those ocean views! They are spectacular... the food looks yummy and that what~not shop looks fun! Sounds like such a wonderful relaxing time... I love Oregon and have not been there in years... I felt like I was right there with you! I adore those old fishing boats! xoxo Julie Marie

FlowerLady said...

Kit ~ What a wonderful vacation you've had once again. No wonder you two look forward to it every year. Love the pictures especially the ones of you both. I saved the last one of the two of you together.

Enjoy being back home ~ FlowerLady

Jan LaFollette said...

The Oregon Coast is great....we live an hour and half away and only get there once a year.....what's wrong with us? We were at Pacific City, the weekend before the 4th, that's a nice quiet area not as many tourist as you see in the Lincoln City to Newport area. Glad you had fun, come again.

Laurie said...

Oh, I think I can smell the sea and hear the gulls! It was such fun to see a place through your eyes (and lens), especially a place so different than our own home state! I am glad you had a wonderful trip, Kit.

Welcome home to Big Sky Country!
Laurie

Zuzu said...

Thanks for taking us on vacation with you! It was wonderful!!!! :)
Zuzu

E. Charlotte said...

I loved seeing your pictures posted! I can't wait to see the rest of them too. :) Sounds like you guys had an awesome time! :D Love you!

Liz said...

What an awesome vacation! You look like you had so much fun. I have never been there, but would love to go. Thanks for showing your pictures. :)

~Liz

Jen said...

Oh my it looks like you had a wonderful time! I so love all your pics and can even pick out several places!! Makes me long for the coast!! Welcome back though!
-Jen

Gerry's Soap N Stuff said...

I enjoyed reading your Post. Gerry

dolphinfin said...

Glad to see you are still enjoying the beautiful coast out here!
xoxox
Velvet