April

April
(internet)

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Yesterday was the Official Start!

Of Summer, but it was also the start of something else. "The Get Ready for the Annual Visit to Oregon" day. We love love our mountain state to death, but there is something inside both me and my hubby that has us going back to the Oregon Coast each year. The call of the sea, the smell of the air, the taste of the crab! We need our fix....LOL For years, we have visited in various capacities: camped, RV'd, with kids, and now without kids. We have found a lovely condo to lease every year, right over the rocks and sea, that is without question the second prettiest place on this Earth! From the moment we walk thru that door, we are welcomed with 180 degree views of the ocean. The place itself is beautiful, outfitted in the nautical look we crave, a kitchen a gourmet would cherish (tho I am no gourmet cook...LOL) and the peace and quiet we so need in this crazy world. We are greeted by a bottle of wine (which we will partake of later in the hot tub or by the fireplace) and a sense that all we will need for the duration, is, each other, our jig saw puzzle, and the sea. As my husband said. "It can rain the whole time we are here, I don't care." This place releases us. We become artistic again, childlike, we find nothing as much fun, as looking for agates and glass and bits of shells. So, I better quit dreaming about it and get crackin'. There is alot to do. Now where did I put that puzzle? Kit

13 comments:

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Oooh Kit, I want to go there! What a beautiful place! I love Oregon too, and have not been there in years... that sounds so relaxing, and some fresh crab sounds sooo yummy! Have a wonderful time my friend! xoxo Julie Marie

E. Charlotte said...

Oh! I want to go too! :) I remember our yearly trips fondly. I am excited that you both can get away and relax. I'll take good care of the yard! :)

Connie said...

I loooooove going to Oregon and Washington, sugar. I would live in Wa. if I could afford it. It is the quietest place I've ever been to and my granddaughter lives there. All the other kids/grandkids live in Calif. Plan a visit there sometime.
xoxo,
Connie

Laurie said...

Oh, this sounds wonderful! We have had a lot of company this summer - all very welcome, but soon the house will be back to the 2 of us, well, sort of, as we love having the girls and their families over - and I am looking forward to the break. Anyway, going to Oregon sounds like the perfect getaway! I agree, I wouldn't even care if it rained, cause the puzzle, a good book and naps all sound good! I hope you have a wonderful, rest-filled, crab-filled time.

I LOVE your craft room, and I don't even do crafts! You are a very organized person, and I like all of the color.

Thank you for your comment on my blog; it is cloudy out this afternoon and I'm keeping a look out for storms, just in case one of them produces a tail!

Blessings,
Laurie

FlowerLady said...

Kit ~ May you and your DH have another lovely vacation in your home away from home.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Roxie said...

My husband and I are traveling west this year, mostly to see the national parks and off the road experiences. Is there something in Oregon we absolutely shouldn't miss?
Thanks,
Roxie

Roxie said...

Also...anything in Montana we shouldn't miss?
Thanks,
Roxie

Autumn Living said...

You and your wonderful husband sure know how to enjoy life!!! I never tire of hearing about all of your adventures. I've never been to your side of the country, but would love to someday. I hope you have a fabulous time!!!

Blessings,
Kimberlynn

Kit said...

Thank you all! I did the big shopping today (I like to take as much as my Jeep will hold) and I am almost ready. Still need to get the hair cut, and get the yard and house ready. Lucky for me my daughters watch over everything. Kit

fairfieldhousenj.com said...

Kit -

Hope you have a splendid time at the shore. You are still a Jersey Girl and the love of the ocean and beach is in our blood! I love the mantel and wall decor in the above photograph.

Your Friend,
Deborah

Zuzu said...

Oooooooo, it sounds fabulous! Have a wonderful time!

Jen said...

OOhh! I am SO jealous! My husband and I have traveled to the coast the last two years, but alas not this year :( Say hello to the ocean for me!! Much Love, Jen

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

What a beautiful fireplace. Enjoy the crab.