August

August

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It's My Birthday!

55 years ago, a little girl was born in a big hospital in Camden, New Jersey. And she went on to be raised right across the river from Philadelphia in a little suburb called Pennsauken. Now she is all grown up and living in the West and having the time of her life! You know, a lot of people do not like celebrating their birthdays, but I figure, any reminder that I am still kicking and living above ground is a BIG reason to celebrate. So today, the party has started and will continue on for many more hours. Yippee! I work in a school and tho I had kept my mouth firmly closed (I like to celebrate, but I do not relish being the center of attention) the staff and students found out and then the fun began. Not only did I receive some lovely little presents, but one whole class room sang, "Happy Birthday" to me over the public address system, a group of kids made me a card and the hugs were constant! My husband showed up with a lovely bouquet of flowers and kisses and my youngest daughter came by bearing balloons. Then to top it off, the computer man came by, and asked if I wanted a new flat screen monitor for my old archaic computer! Of course! What a great present, and he didn't even know it was my birthday.....LOL Now home I am still smiling, two texts greeted me on my phone and tonight will be the EXTRAVAGANZA! A party with a theme, at my daughter's home and a dinner out with my family. I can't wait to see what they have "cooked" up for me. This message will have to have two parts.....LOL So I can share what happens next. Until later.......

7 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Happy Birthday Kit!!! Sounds like your special day has been wonderful so far... hope you have a yummy dinner tonight, alot of fun with your family, and that all of your birthday wishes come true!!! xoxo Julie Marie

Laurie said...

Your joy is contagious, Kit! Happy Birthday! I remember my bdays when I was teaching as being so much fun! One student even asked if my mom baked treats for me to bring. (I was in my 40s)LOL! We always sang "Happy Birthday, Cha, Cha, Cha". Now my grandkids sing it. I so look forward to hearing how the big extravaganza goes!
Hugs,
Laurie

FlowerLady said...

Dear KK ~ Happy Birthday dear heart. Your day sounds off to a great start, and looks like it is only going to be better.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

E. Charlotte said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful day! You deserve such a great time! I love you and Happy Funfundfunfzieg Birthday to you!!!

Zuzu said...

Happy Birthday Kit!!! :)

Autumn Living said...

Happy Birthday Kit!!! I love your wonderful and refreshing attitude about your birthday. Too often people dread turning a year older, but I think you're right. Another year above ground is absolutely reason to celebrate!!!

I can't wait for part II to see how things went.

Blessings,
Kimberlynn

marie said...

Happy belated birthday! I turned 55 on the 14th of June. It's a great age to be!