March 22, 1978

March 22, 1978
(internet)

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Snippets!

I must say, that for the past week, I really don't think too much has happened. So I just have a few things to mention, which I will call Snippets. Snippets of Life. Those little events which do not make a whole story, but are what has occurred in my life, over a given time. The time period, a week.

~ First off, I have been taking care of, distracting, feeding and otherwise, mothering my youngest girl. She has been in the throes of a Dental Nightmare, which she still has a little time left to wake from. She has tried to remain "up" and find the humorous aspect of it (check out her blog at http://echarlotte.blogspot.com/) but I can tell, this is starting to wear her down. A lesser woman would have lost all her spirit by now. But things are improving. We were able to go shopping today, we visited her Dad at the Mall where his car was on display, picked up Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes and she was able to eat a Hamburger. And keep it down! Hooray! Let's hope next week goes a lot better.
~ Spring really arrived in the form of temps in the high 60's and 70's and the whole town came outside for the party. Cars were washed, ice cream was licked and folks walked everywhere. We are now starting to see little green fuzz on all the trees and the leaves that froze on the trees last Fall, are now falling. Looks very strange. I have pruned my roses, and cheered on the bees arriving to my Red Maple. And have paused (quite a lot) to let the sun just shine on my face. :)










~Finished my skirt for my laundry room sink, and am working on the placement for the "bubbles" that will accent my walls. These are vinyl wall art circles and will really add a nice punch to the room. Also, came up with an idea to add material to my new shelf, but that is still in the planning stage. Hubby has to help with removing the pegs first.
~Had a meeting with all the Head Cooks in the district, and found out they want to shake everything up by moving some folks around. Argh! I say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! I talked to my boss and asked right out if I should be worried. She assured me to Breathe Easy. Whew, I certainly hope so. That school is my home and those students are my children!

Well, that is about it. I am off to watch a movie with my hubby and maybe even have a beer. May you all have an incredible Sunday!

4 comments:

E. Charlotte said...

I can't wait to see your laundry room when it's completely done! It's looking so great so far. I love the vintage feel. Your ice cream picture makes me hungry. :) I'm so glad it feels like spring. The sun is wonderful! Helps lift my spirits. Have a great Sunday!

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Kit, that sounds like an awfully busy week! Glad your daughter is feeling better... ice cream sounds really good right now! Love that it is Springtime and nice outside to do all the things you mentioned... I always love to hear about people's day to day goings ons... xoxo Julie Marie

Zuzu said...

Hope your daughter is doing much better, Kit. Please remind me who the artist is of the mother&daughter painting - I love that one!
The rest of your week & projects sounded like they were wonderful. Hope this week is just as lovely!
Hugs,
Zuzu

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh I love Gustav Klimit. That ice cream cone looks so good!