June

June

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Out with old, in with the New!

Well, what an interesting week it has been. I have spent most of my time trying to fix my computer. I tried pleading to my computer, swearing at my computer, and finally conceding to her that she had won the battle, but lost the race. No amount of disks and recoveries, or scanning was going to help the old girl. She is off to the recycle center and in her place is a spiffy new Dell, which is black and slick, with a wide screen and a whole new look that I will have to get used to. I miss the old layout and I had gotten so accustomed to exactly how to get to exactly where I wanted to, so this is going to take some time. But this new girl, is quite enticing. She is so fast, and easy to use and Windows 7 is pretty cool. Where before I had to shut all my applications down just to update a program, I can now run 4 at a time. Or maybe even more. I haven't tried that yet...LOL Thru this process I have learned something about myself. Where once (back in 2000) I thought, "Why in the heck do I need a computer?" Now my thoughts are, "I NEED A COMPUTER!!" I had severe withdrawal from the get go. I couldn't check my mail, couldn't update Facebook, no blogs to read? Yikes! I realized I use my computer as some folks use cigarettes. I come home from work, I want my computer. After dinner, yep, the computer. I got so cranky, I finally called my husband and said, "Tonight, you and me. Best Buy and the latest ad. Be there!" The store was great (I love finding the geekiest guy - he knows all the inside scoops about the machines) it took us hardly an hour and I even had a new printer thrown in that I swear does so many things I bet it will even fetch me coffee. So, now I am calmer and very happy. And ready to learn everything there is to know about my new "best friend". Don't you just love new relationships?

6 comments:

FlowerLady said...

Congrats on your new computer. They do take a bit of getting used to that's for sure.

Enjoy faster and better ~ FlowerLady

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi Kit, so happy you got a new computer!!! We swore we would never own a computer! Now I don't know if we could get by without one... I have learned alot more than I ever thought I would... and it is so much fun to visit my friends, like you! xoxo Julie Marie

E. Charlotte said...

Oh! How much fun you must be having! I would go through withdrawals too without my daily fix. :) It's just too much fun! Glad you're back online!

Liz said...

Oh Congrats!! :) I think I'm addicted too. I hat to admit it but I am. :}

Enjoy!
~Liz

fairfieldhousenj.com said...

Kit,

Enjoy the honeymoon period. I hope it lasts! I know what you mean about being lost without one. I have an iphone so even when I leave the house I still have internet access - mail, blogs, etc. Strange to think not many years ago we could not imagine this!

Your Friend,
Deborah

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I think back to 12 years ago when I had dial up! :)