April

April
(internet)

Monday, March 1, 2010

A reminder of a good time

Well, my beloved Olympics are over. I can't say I was really thrilled with the Closing Ceremonies, but I did enjoy seeing all the athletes enjoying their time together. The next time Canada puts on a show, they really need to contact James Cameron, Baz Luhrmann, or Tim Burton.....lol Tho I did love the fact that they could laugh at themselves, with the bit with the clown and the re-lighting of the torch. I had felt bad from the beginning that the young lady didn't get to light her side. Good move Canada. Of course like any good American, I watched the hockey game (tho it really is not a sport I follow, but I do love these movies - Slapshot and Mystery, Alaska - does that count?) and I am very glad Canada won. I think it meant more to them than us and from the way they celebrated, it was perfect that they could go out on a high note, since the Olympics started on such a low one with the passing of luger, Nodar Kumaritashvili.
To mark the event for my daughters I ordered from British Columbia (our neighbors to the North) two pair's of the beautiful red mittens that the Torch bearers wore along the route. The hottest souvenir I hear. They got here just in time and are wonderful! The girls were so surprised and just love them and can't wait to wear them around town and out skiing. A nice way to remember an incredible event. I am already looking forward to 2014! Hmmmm, I wonder what can I order from Russia?? ;)

2 comments:

Zuzu said...

Kit - your blog header photograph is spectacular!
I didn't see the Olympics (no TV), but share in your joy that Canada won the hockey game! Yay! And the red mittens are great - wonderful gifts for your girls!
Wishing you a great rest-of-the-week! :)
Zuzu

Kit said...

Thank you! It is of the Clark Fork River. It runs thru our town, and just yesterday, our kayakers were out in force at Brandon's Wave.