October

October
(internet)

Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Haven

Over on Autumn Living (a great blog!) she posed the question. "Do you have a special place?" One where one can recharge, be left alone, do what one wants, etc. And I do! This room is my haven, it used to be my oldest daughter's bedroom but when she grew up and got her first apartment, the design was drawn up, the paint cans came out, and I started work.I knew exactly what I wanted: A room where I could do my crafts, wrap gifts, pay my bills, dink on the computer, show off my collectibles and put up all the art I had collected. We started with an all white room (walls, trim, furniture and shelves) except for my husbands vintage childhood desk that we kept it's natural wood color. I added colorful boxes that I found at Michael's to store all my craft items, pretty buckets for colored pencils and special scissors, and brought out all the toys and kitschy items that I have collected for years and never really had a place for.I hung some wonderful art that my children have created, cases with vintage baubles, my prized Checkers Pottery and one whole section holds all the lovely poems my youngest daughter has written to me over the years. I must admit it is a jumble of pattern and color and I just love it. Welcome!





6 comments:

  1. Now that's what I call having your own space!!!! I just love your sense of style and color Kit. Being that I'm still raising my girls, I'll have to be content with my own bit of space for now...now matter how small!!!

    Blessings,
    Kimberlynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kit ~ I love your room. It's colorful and happy and artistically you.

    Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kit... ooh, what a beautiful haven you have created! I think we all need our own "space" to sit and create and dream... yours is just lovely! xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies! I think just having this room, keeps me sane. When the hubby is watching Nascar or the Military Channel, I can hide out. And the best part is, it overlooks my back gardens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your grouping of boxes. The colors are wonderful.

    Thank you so much for your good wishes. I am on the mend and will be back to my whirlwind self very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've enjoyed visiting your blog for the first time, Kit; you live in a beautiful part of our state. We live in the Yellowstone Valley, near Billings. Your special place is wonderful, and I am sure you love being there. I love to sit on our front porch, and now that the weather is warming up, I will be spending a lot of time there. Happy spring!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete