April

April
(internet)

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Just Killing Some Time

You see, my head is covered in hair dye and all I trust myself to do is go on the computer and sit still. I can't tell you how many times after coloring my hair, I have found blobs of purple dye (why is it purple, when my hair dye is red?) everywhere. And the worse one was getting it on the paneling in the bathroom. Yikes! That took forever to get off before the hubby came home. So I am waiting for the timer to go off and then - ta da- no more gray! Now I am not one of those ladies that obsess over getting older, and if my whole head would go gray, then I would embrace it. But it is only around my face and I think it adds about 10 years to me and that I do not like. So every two months I come home with my little package of Natural Instincts, color: Navajo Bronze, make sure I have the house to myself, pop in my Carole King CD. (remember their commercial where the woman is singing into her hair brush - "You make me feel like a natural woman." And her husband comes in and she screams? Cause he caught her coloring her hair?) Well, ever since, it just seems fitting to play that CD and dance around the living room with my new head of hair. Of course once it is all rinsed out and dry, or I would be having problems in the blob dept. again......lol Doing this just makes me feel so good about myself and I am amazed how many people do not even realize I do it. Way to go Clairol! Beep, beep, beep, beep, - time to go - a new woman is about to emerge! :)

5 comments:

FlowerLady said...

I remember that feeling, and playing that tune is great with the event. I can just see you dancing around enjoying the moment.

A few years ago I got tired of coloring my hair every few months, and feeling the cooking going on, on my head, so decided to let it grow out into its' silver hue.

FlowerLady

Kit said...

You have the most incredible hair color and I hope mine looks like yours when it is time to let the box stay on the counter....LOL Have a great week!

E. Charlotte said...

Ha ha! I loved this post. You and your hair routine. :) I liked the picture too! Glad you could finally hide the grays. :) Though you'd look pretty either way!

Zuzu said...

I gave up slinging hair color all over the place about 9 years ago. I'm showing my age, but hey, I get discounts and people open doors for me. :)
Have a great weekend, Kit!
Zuzu

Mrs. Mac said...

What a lovely blog you have here Kit. I didn't see a link over at Down To Earth on the Kitchen Sink post (did I miss it) .. so was glad to see your comment when Rhonda featured my kitchen sink just prior to yours. We must practically be neighbors if you're in Western Montana .. and I'm in North Idaho (just outside Coeur d'Alene).

Having colored my hair for years and years .. when hubby retired in 2008 I swore to cut down half of our expenses and my monthly visit to the hair salon went bye-bye. It was horrible letting my hair grow out ;) but worth it in the end .. and pocket book:)

Your kitchen is very, very darling. Thanks for sharing it on the WWW.