April

April
(internet)

Saturday, March 20, 2010

It's Spring!

I am on cloud nine! Today was my first day outside to do my yearly Spring clean-up in my gardens. Now just so you don't think I am a Super Woman or something, I actually only got my South Bed and my Front Gardens done. With my trusty side-kick, Sam the Cat by my side, we clipped the stems and stalks, and raked away some of the extra mulch that I put down in the Fall. Always amazes me how much of the shredded leaves are gone by Spring. Mother Natures plant food. The day was sunny and mild with a temp of 61 degrees. Awesome. Already, the place is looking better. I washed the foundation and basement windows and took some time out to chase the cat with the hose (he loves water!) My unused muscles are feeling a bit tired and I have a small blister on one hand, my battle scars of a day well spent. Pretty soon my yard will go from this: To this, and I love watching the transformation! It puts a smile on my face and bounce in my step.And why? In the words of a favorite song of mine: "......And the obvious reason is because of the season, Ma Natures' lyrical with her yearly miracle, it's Spring, Spring, Spring!"







5 comments:

FlowerLady said...

Good morning Kit ~ Glad you had a wonderful day working with Sam in your gardens. I can feel your excitement as you work, wait and watch things begin to emerge, grow and blossom.

Enjoy and I look forward to pictures as the season progresses.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Kit, oooh I just love getting back to work in my garden too... even though we always ache after, it's a good ache! Sounds like you got alot accomplished, with the help of your kitty, of course! Happy Spring to you! xoxo Julie Marie

Zuzu said...

Oh, such a happy, sweet post bursting with Spring goodness! I am a little jealous, Kit - we got 8" of snow two days ago and are expecting more on Tues. But I did see 3 mountain bluebirds sailing through a meadow, so Spring is definitely here! Yay!!!
Enjoy your day,
Zuzu

Rhonda said...

Hi Kit. What a beautiful, green & peaceful retreat you'll be enjoying this summer. Summer in Montana is wonderful!
Have a great day.

Rhonda

fairfieldhouse said...

Hi Kit.

So glade mother nature is smiling on Montana and you were able to enjoy the sunshine. Working in the garden (even spring prep work) is good for the soul and the fresh air clears the cobwebs out of our stuffy heads!
Thank you for the beautiful postcard. I hope you received mine.

Deborah