August

August

Monday, March 15, 2010

Daylight Savings Time

No, this isn't going to be a rant or rave. The yeah or nay. The why or wherefore. But boy am I tired today. I went to bed yesterday at my regular time, to just toss and turn and think over and over again, "It really is only 8 o'clock." I think I fell asleep finally about 11. And of course, morning came calling an hour earlier than I prefer. Again I was thinking, "It really is only 5 o'clock." Which gave me approx. 7 hours of sleep. Not nearly enough. Thank heavens for lots and lots of hot water and a water heater that just keeps producing. That coupled with some strong tea and I was out the door to do my bestest. In the dark - again. I had just gotten used to watching the sunrises over Mt. Sentinel as I motored to work. Bummer. But on the flip side, it is now almost 8 o'clock and it is still light out. Good for that group of folks who like to wander about at night. A lot of people had trouble with this day today, so I have an idea. They should make the day after Daylight Savings Time (in the Spring) a National holiday! Give us the day off and let us get ourselves acclimated. Let's ease into this time warp and while we are at it, Starbucks could offer us free coffee. Now that's the ticket! Hmmm, a nice dream. But for now, I intend to slide into the hot tub, then curl up with an un-interesting book, in my cozy bed and go to sleep at 9 o'clock and hope for the best. Thinking the whole time - "It's really only 8 o'clock."

5 comments:

FlowerLady said...

Kit ~ This time changes gets to us twice a year. We do wish they would leave it one way or the other. I think this way is the best so would be happy with it. It shouldn't just be a day off, how about a week? :-)

Have a wonderful week and hope you get acclimated.

FlowerLady

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Oh I love this post! I like that it stays lighter later now so I can sit outside, but it sure messes things up! I get sooo confused as to what the "real" time even is, and for some reason, we have sooo many clocks to change, we always miss at least one! Your National Holiday idea sounds good, they have holidays for everything else, why not? xoxo Julie Marie

Autumn Living said...

Oh Kit...you are so funny!!! I lay awake last night myself...tossing and turning...and thinking how tired I would be today!!! I think you should petition congress for that whole national holiday idea of yours. I think you'd have plenty of support!!!

Blessings,
Kimberlynn

Zuzu said...

I love your National Holiday idea, Kit - I'd vote for it!!!
:)
Zuzu

Rhonda said...

I agree with you. A national holiday with free Starbucks coffee is a great idea. I'd vote for it. I'm still trying to go to sleep (unsuccessfully) after the 10:00pm news which is really 9:00 only to get up @ 5:30am which is really 4:30. Good grief! No wonder it's so dark when I get up!