March 22, 1978

March 22, 1978
(internet)

Monday, March 22, 2010

An Anniversary Story

Today is my 32nd wedding anniversary. I met him at a company picnic, he offered me his jacket when I got cold and the rest is history. I had never fell so hard before. I went home and told my mother, "I have met the man I am going to marry." She said it's about time! ....LOL (I was very choosy who I dated) Both my sisters had married early and my mother kidded me, that instead of making me a Hope Chest, it should be called a Struggle Box. Well, the joke's on them, my marriage lasted, theirs didn't, sadly. He is a wonderful man, kind, sensitive, handsome, hard worker, a great father and above all; my best friend. Our life together has been a great adventure. We traveled, made our home in over 10 different places, had two beautiful girls, and we still can't wait to see each other at the end of the day. I can remember my wedding day down to each little minute (I am sure all you ladies can) and the one defining moment that would tell me I had definitely found my Prince Charming was in the receiving line. My poor husband could not for the life of him, keep back the tears. Folks gave him tissues, hugged him and his men friends consoled him....LOL But later, all joking aside, he was to tell me why. He said, he couldn't believe he had found me and that he had got to marry me. Now, I am nothing extraordinary to be sure. Just a simple woman. But he made me feel, like the most prized person in the whole wide world. And for 32 years, he has continued to do so. He's definitely a keeper.

8 comments:

FlowerLady said...

Dear KK ~ This had me in tears. I was reading out loud to DH and broke down.

Love is a wonderful gift. To find it and keep it is a real treasure.

Happy Anniversary to you and your dear DH from both of us.

FlowerLady

Laurie said...

What a sweet story, Kit! You were obviously made for each other. My husband and I have been married 34 years and I miss him even when he is just at work. Happy Anniversary to you both!
Blessings,
Laurie

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your Prince Charming Kit! What a beautiful fairytale love story that ends "and they all lived happily ever after"... xoxo Julie Marie

Kit said...

Thank you so much! We had a lovely evening with dinner out and then chocolate cake in. Quiet and pleasant, full of nice memories of the past. And we continue to plan for our future.
Three cheers to love!

FlowerLady said...

Three cheers to love is right! Each day is new, so there are lots more opportunities to live in love. This year will make our 41st year, and love just gets sweeter.

Have a great week Kit ~ FlowerLady

E. Charlotte said...

Yahoo! I'm so glad you and Dad fell in love. (Otherwise I wouldn't be here! Ha ha1) I'm glad you both enjoyed such a nice day of celebrating. 32 years is awesome! I am so glad I was given such a great example of what true love really is. :) Happy Annivesary again!!

Beckah said...

Congratulations. True love that lasts over time, struggles, joy and pain is rare. You are blessed. I feel joy for you! (((hugs)))

~Beckah

fairfieldhouse said...

Kit,

Thank you for sharing your sweet love story! Congratulations on 32 years! That is an achievement to be proud of. I could read the love you share for your husband in each word and that is refreshing! Wishing you continued health, happiness, love and adventures!

Deborah