April

April
(internet)

Sunday, February 21, 2010

What a great day!

With the sound of a ice hockey game in the background (Russia and the Czech Republic) I am just puttering all over the house today. Getting done all those annoying little tidbits that we just don't seem to get done. So, I have ordered new vacuum cleaner bags on the Internet, refilled some prescriptions, wrote to my Mother, cleaned the bath, did the dishes and scoured the kitchen sink (had a HUGE strawberry daiquiri accident last night and just didn't want to deal with it)- thank heavens for bleach-, did two loads of laundry and dusted the two bazillion collectibles that I just have to have! Gonna rethink that one....lol I have about another hour on my own and then the hubby will return. It has been so nice to have this chunk of time on my own. My feathers are unruffling as we speak. Won't have to cook dinner tonight, hubby is picking up some burgers and of course we will finish the night with our Oly's. Only one more week! I am already in withdrawal.....lol Okay, it is unanimous - my favorite commercial of the Oly's is from Tide and it has all these Mom's singing, "You'll Never Walk Alone" while scenes of them helping their kids, go by. Yep, it had me in tears. And I thought the one with skater Dan Jansen and his daughter Jane, got to me. :) On the flip side, a promo for a movie just went by -get this- Hot Tub Time Machine. Really??? I think John Cusack is grasping at jobs with this one. I can honestly say, that that one will NOT be in my Netflix queue.

1 comment:

FlowerLady said...

It sounds like you had a really nice day puttering in your nest. It was a gorgeous day here today and I worked inside and out. Got a load of laundry washed, hung out to dry, brought back in and folded and put away! It usually sits in the basket or in a pile somewhere. It feels great having it out of sight where it all should be. Have a great week Kit.

FlowerLady