June

June

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day!

There is just something about this holiday, that makes me smile. From our early days in school, when we would decorate a shoe box and wait impatiently for our fellow students to put those wonderful little cards in them (oh how I wish I had saved them all) to the romantic ones with first loves, hoping they would bring us flowers, candy or something even more special, a ring! Now, what I love about it, are the little uncommon, different surprises that the ones we love can come up with. Of course, you remember my "sink valentine", well on Friday, my love visited me at my work place and surprised me with a mini-rose bush. All pink and pretty and smelling like Spring and in a silver and red sequined pot. Plus the added bonus of getting a couple of good kisses was equally loved. (I was afraid some students would see me "snoggin" and report me to the principal....lol) Then one of my students gave me a heart shaped box of chocolates, with the sentiment, - "You're a Purr-fect Valentine." Don't you just love those old sayings? Later, I noticed a single chocolate kiss adorned my paperwork, and a homemade Valentine was waiting in my box in the mail room. So much fun! I had a fun time myself, with my own way of saying I Love You. You sneak into work before anyone else arrives and put Toy Story little kid valentines with heart shaped suckers attached, in every ones mailbox. They had no idea it was me, and it was fun to see all the teachers walking around with a lollipop in their mouths and a smile on their faces. Tonight I am eager for my dinner date with my love (crab legs) and my sweetie.....lol I have a chocolate cake ready, a bottle of wine chilling, and the Olympics to end the evening with. A perfect way to say "I Love You" to me and my hubby.

1 comment:

FlowerLady said...

Happy Valentine's Day Kit~ It sounds like you had a lovely day.

FlowerLady