June

June

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Little Story of a Sink

As I have written in an earlier post, I now have a sink in my new laundry room. Nothing fancy. Not expensive. Just a nice white unit with running water. I went down yesterday to wash out the pop can recycling bin and noticed that it was hard to get the can under the faucet. Hmmmm. Asked the hubby if it was possible to get a different spout with a higher curve. "Not sure, since the area where it is installed is so small. Maybe a bar faucet set?", he said. He would check but we may have to just use it as is. Okay. I am flexible. At least it works. Busy day at work and tired from shopping at Wal-Mart, but had to get my chores done today. Had an armload of newspapers, and some groceries and headed down to the laundry room. Rounded the corner, and what do I spy, but a red heart, cut from paper, attached to a new faucet set on my sink. With a high curve, and a sparkle of chrome. Any bin or garbage can, can fit underneath easily now. I had such a huge smile and a chuckle slipped out and a feeling passed over me; that I felt light, young, and very loved. He did it on his lunch break and found the paper in my scrap booking drawer. Now that is a Valentine's gift.

2 comments:

FlowerLady said...

That was very sweet and thoughtful of your DH. You will smile and feel loved every time you use this sink.

Happy Valentine's Day Kit.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

E. Charlotte said...

I love that story! He sure knows how to surprise ya, doesn't he? Right outta the blue! He's a keeper! :) I'm glad you have a good sink to use now too.