May

May
(internet)

Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Saturday!

So many possibilities. The whole day stretching out before me (well honestly, the afternoon stretching out before me; I slept in). I have my list, I am one for making lists. Need to, to keep all the ducks in a row. Okay, today's list reads, in order:

Vacuum, whole house (except attic)
Load car with boxes and exercycle
Run to Goodwill
Ace Hardware: paint and little buckets, and paint trays
Bank for hubby's allowance
Rosauers Store: to recycle plastic bags and
pick up hubby's favorite tea.
Watch playoff game at 2:30 and work on lunch
menu
Dinner? Maybe hot turkey sandwiches with mashed potatoes

We'll see how well I do today, cause at this time, it feels really good to just be dinking on the computer, sipping my hot tea and watching a little rain shower go by....LOL





Well, I did blast myself loose and off I went. Goodwill told me that they do not take exercise cycles any more, hmmmm, okay. Off to Ace Hardware, found a lot of little things I didn't realized I needed: yellow party bulbs (for the front porch), a can of Fusion paint to recoat my recycle containers to match my new laundry room, wood paneling cleaner and a cute little bucket for use at work. In blue. Got my paint, and at first the color was more like a robin's egg blue so they darkened it up for me to the turquoise I wanted.

Headed to the Bargain Corner to drop off the exercise cycle, hmmm, they do not take old ones either, suggested I take it to the recycling center for metal. Darn. I brought it home to sit in the alley and hope that someone comes across it before Monday, and just has to have it.....LOL And not only did I recycle my bags, but I treated myself to a donut and new Romantic Homes magazine and happily wandered home. I am now enjoying the first playoff game (Go New Orleans!) and the day has turned cloudy and cooler, so I am happy to be in my snug little home. Oh, and I don't have to cook tonight! I got a Make and Bake pizza to have during the next playoff game, my side has no sauce and lots of mushrooms! I can't wait.



2 comments:

Spiderwoman2503 said...

Darn it! I want that execycle! Who'd a thunk it, huh? :) LOL

Kit said...

Yikes! My bad. Had no idea you would want that old thing. Use the ones at your gym, so much nicer and newer. Forgive me? :)