June

June

Friday, January 22, 2010

I am totally spent.

Why is it when we experience emotional turmoil, that we get so tired afterward? I feel like I could use a nap, or a cup of coffee or a mindless game of Bricks Breaking....lol I am going to be totally worthless the rest of the day. The reason for my turmoil you ask? The afore mentioned graduation at my school. It was a wonderful affair and the kids are expected to give a little speech and they always thank us for changing their lives. Even their little ole lunch lady. When you hear your name and the child looks at you and thanks you from the bottom of her heart, for the smile she saw every morning, the piece of a favorite cake or just the fact that you were there every day for them, it makes you feel like you have done your job and made a difference. And a difference in a childs life is the best kind in the world. There were alot of tears, and hugs and I noticed alot of the students did not want to leave at the end. Staff all had red eyes, and were milling about, and it was hard to get back to the doing of the job. But my kitchen had to be cleaned, bookkeeping to be done, the orders had to be sent in. But for the rest of the day, I had a little smile on my face. How could you not, when you are told that you rock!

WILLARD ALTERNATIVE HIGH SCHOOL

3 comments:

FlowerLady said...

It would have been so nice to have a wonderfully sweet and encouraging 'lunch lady' in my life. You don't know how priceless your gifts of love and friendship are to these kids, not to mention the good food you prepare, the little decorations you do for the cafeteria. You deserve their words of thanks and praise.

Have a lovely weekend ~ FlowerLady

Kit said...

Thank you! I remember my lunch ladies and they were down right scary....lol After years of searching, I finally found the job I was put here on earth for. The good Lord knows what he is doing that is for sure. Have a great weekend! Kit

E. Charlotte said...

Oh I just got all teary! I know how much those kids adore you! I bet it's so sad to see them go. I'm curious what new faces you'll get now that get to know the awesome-ness of the Lunch Lady. :) You totally rock!